St. Philip’s In The Hills Episcopal Church presents a seven part series on death and dying, beginning on Sunday, October 12, at 10:15 a.m. in the La Paz Room. The goals of this forum series are to inform participants of the Episcopal Church’s ethos (theology, spirituality, practices) concerning death and dying; to inform participants of the pastoral resources offered by St. Philip’s before, at the time of, and after death; and to inform participants of available resources in the Tucson community.
- October 12 and 19: Episcopal Church positions on suicide and assisted suicide, palliative care, burial offices, and ministration at the time of death, with the Rev. Canon John E. Kitagawa, Rector
- October 26: Philip’s pastoral care resources in support of the parish community, with the Rev. Vicki Hesse
- November 2: Pastoral care resources both within St. Philip’s and in the Tucson community, with the Rev. Vicki Hesse and the Rev. Karen MacDonald from Interfaith Community Services
- November 9: Advance planning, powers of attorney, DNRs, and wills and estate planning, with attorney Richard Duffield
- November 16: Planning a funeral/memorial service at St. Philip’s, with the Rev. Greg Foraker
- November 23: Community resources, including hospice care and support groups, with the Rev. Dr. Frank Williams
Please join St. Philip’s Clergy, Community Leaders and Professionals, for this timely and informative series. Held in the La Paz Room (a meeting room off the central garden space between the Church and the office complex).
The public is cordially invited to attend. Everyone is welcome at any time. There is no charge.
St. Philip’s is located at 4440 N. Campbell Avenue at River Road. Ample parking is available in the north parking lot or under the solar parking structure on the east side. The office phone number is 299-6421.